Saturday, June 19 | 3:30 PM
Share the spirit of Juneteenth by decking out your car and joining others for a drive through some of Chapel Hill and Carrboro’s historic Black communities! We’ll honk our horns, play some great music, share the Juneteenth spirit, and share the love with our neighbors. Here’s how to participate:
- Decorate your vehicle. Think posters on the side, ribbons on the antenna, and anything else that shares the celebratory spirt of the occasion.
- Choose your route and starting point.
- The Hargraves route starts at Hargraves Community Center and winds through the historic Northside neighborhood.
- The Eubanks route starts at Eubanks Road Park & Ride and goes through the historic Rogers Road neighborhood.
- Arrive at your routes starting point by 3:30 pm on Saturday, June 19th
- Staff will direct you to begin driving on the route at 4 pm, in line with other motorcade participants.
- Slowly and safely proceed through the route, waving at your neighbors and celebrating Black community and culture.
Is your home along the route? Come outside and wave to the vehicles as they pass by. Each route will take approximately 30 min.
Tune in to 97.9 The HILL WCHL from 3:00-5:00 pm for a Juneteenth radio hour featuring music from local African American artists.
Interested in biking instead?
The ReCYCLEry is hosting a historic bike tour and cruiser ride the morning of June 19. Meet at 9 am at Northside Elementary to join the Justice Journey Ride.