The Outdoor Event Application is now open with the following limitations:
- Special event applications are only open for events that meet the current local and state mandates about COVID-19, including the outdoor gathering limit of 50 people.
Event organizers will neet to upload a COVID-19 safety plan that answers the questions outlined in this Covid-19 Safety Plan Template.
If state or local guidance or mandates change, the Town can cancel permits at any time. The $50 event permit processing fee is nonrefundable.
Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PREPARE TO APPLY
Thanks for thinking about hosting a special event in Chapel Hill. We believe that community celebrations and special events contribute to a vibrant and inclusive community, positively impacting residents, businesses, visitors, and the community at large.
Review this Getting Started Guide to make sure your event is safe, compliant, and successful.
Please complete the following steps before starting your permit application. You cannot save your application once you’ve started. You can find details about each step in the Getting Started Guide.
- Review the Getting Started Guide.
- Have a clear vision of your event.
- Create a legible, detailed map of your event layout.
- Reserve your event space (if applicable). To reserve a public park or facility, click here.
- Develop a public safety and emergency plan.
- Have a debit/credit card handy to pay the $50 application fee.
- Collect your organization’s Certificate of Insurance (if applicable).