Triangle-area musicians and bands now have two more weeks to submit songs for consideration in the inaugural local music library, Tracks. Tracks Music Library is a project of Chapel Hill Public Library and Chapel Hill Community Arts & Culture. The service will deliver a diverse collection of local music through a free, user-friendly digital platform. Interested musicians and bands from the Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill areas are encouraged to submit songs by February 14th at tracksmusiclibrary.org/submit.
Tracks Music Library aims to feature local music from a range of genres including bluegrass, hip hop, electronic, rock, and world music. The collection hopes to represent the sounds of the Triangle area. “By extending the submission period, artists and bands just discovering this opportunity can potentially be a part of the collection. We’re seeking musicians of all of kinds to participate,” says Molly Luby, Tracks Project Manager. The open call launched this January and recently broadened the artist guidelines, extending the opportunity to those based in the Raleigh area.
Some important details for local musicians and bands interested in submitting include:
- Musicians should be based in the Triangle area.
- Musicians must hold the rights to the music they submit.
- Music must have been produced in the last 5 years.
- Musicians can submit up to 3 songs for consideration and will need a minimum of 5 songs if selected.
- The deadline to submit music has been extended to Friday, February 14th.
- The submission form is available at tracksmusiclibrary.org/submit.
- Selected musicians will receive a $200 honorarium for sharing their music.
More information on the project can be found at tracksmusiclibrary.org. This project was supported by grant funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) as administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources (IMLS grant number LS-00-19-0034-19).