Celebrate July 4 at Southern Community Park!
Once again, we’ll gather together and light up the sky! Check back here often for details about how to make this a safe and successful community celebration.
Attendance & Viewing
- Attendees are encouraged to bring blankets, chairs, and picnics. Tents, tailgates, pets, alcohol, and glass are not allowed.
- The best viewing is from the Southern Community Park ball fields and around the Southern Village Green. Some areas of the ballfields will be off-limits due to maintenance, and attendees are expected to stay off those areas.
Parking & Shuttle Service
- All motor vehicles will enter the event via the Market Street entrance to Southern Village.
- Limited parking will be available on a first come, first served basis at Southern Community Park, the Southern Village Park & Ride Lot, and around Southern Village beginning at 7:00 pm
- Accessible parking will be available in the parking lot closest to the Southern Community Park Pavilion.
- Chapel Hill Transit will operate a free shuttle service from the Jackson Parking Deck at UNC Hospitals. Shuttles begin at 6:00 pm and will run frequently until 8:15 pm. No shuttles will run during the show. Following the fireworks, shuttles will run until 10:30 pm
- Parking along U.S. Highway 15-501 is not safe and not allowed before and during the fireworks show.