Request for Proposals
Calling all Triangle Area Artists
We’re looking for a Triangle-based artist to create an original poster design for the 2022 Festifall Arts Markets – a series of three arts-focused block parties on Saturdays in October in downtown Chapel Hill.
Designs should celebrate the season, speak to the downtown Chapel Hill location, and include aesthetics of the Festifall experience — a funky, artisan, homegrown community gathering.
The selected artist will be awarded $500 to create a final design based on the submitted concept sketch and stakeholder input.
- The final design will be printed as 11” wide x 17” tall posters that will be used to promote the events.
- Elements of the design may also be repurposed by CA&C staff for promotional materials. The final design should be able to be scaled for social media, digital ads, signage, and more.
- The selected artist must have the ability to deliver the final design as .AI or .EPS files.
- Posters will need to include the event name, dates, time, location, and relevant information. Specifics will be communicated by CA&C staff when design work begins.
- Up to three rounds of edits may be needed during the design process. CA&C staff will provide feedback to designs within 48 hours once submitted.
- The final design is due no later than September 6.
DEADLINE: 5 p.m. Wednesday, July 27
ELIGIBILITY: Artists must live within 40 miles of Chapel Hill and submit application materials using the directions below.
Community Arts & Culture aims to inspire creativity and celebrate community for a better Chapel Hill. We value inclusion, experience, and understanding, and encourage submissions of work to reflect these values.